ReSound’s LiNX 3D Offers 360-Degree Hearing
There are so many hearing aid brands and hearing aids available through the various brands that it can be difficult to know what hearing aids are best for your needs.
To help you learn more about the best hearing aids currently available, our hearing health care professionals here at The Hearing Clinic want to highlight different hearing aids. This month, our hearing aid highlight is ReSound’s LiNX 3D hearing aids that offer 360-degree hearing.
Why Is 360-Degree Hearing Important?
Many of us take the ability to hear 360 degrees for granted. Being able to hear someone approaching from behind while taking the dog out for a walk or using the ability to hear all around us to navigate a noisy room. However, many hearing aids are designed to have directional hearing only.
Hearing aids with fixed directional microphones will only pick up sound from a set direction. For instance, say you are wearing hearing aids with directional microphones that are designed to pick up sound just from in front of you. While being able to hear directly in front of you can help with face-to-face interactions, it can be hard to hear the outer sounds that will be outside of the field of your hearing aid microphones.
But with the LiNX 3D hearing aids, you aren’t restricted to hearing well in just one direction. Instead, you can hear all around you, while still being able to focus on sounds that come from one particular direction.
Other Top LiNX 3D Hearing Aid Features
Along with the 360-degree hearing, there are many other advanced features built into the LiNX 3d hearing aids, such as:
- Binaural Environmental Optimizer II - Helps your hearing aids to work together to analyze sound and automatically adjust to sound changes in your environment. This feature will allow you to more comfortably move between different environments like a quiet hallway to a busy lecture hall.
- Binaural Directionality III - Rather than working independently to process sound, your hearing aids will transmit data on the sounds you hear between the two devices. It will allow you to focus on important sounds—like the conversation in front of you—while still hearing the sounds around you.
- Tinnitus Sound Generator And Nature Sounds - Using the LiNX 3D hearing aids can be an effective way to treat your tinnitus. You can stream soothing sounds directly to your hearing aids, from custom tinnitus therapeutic sounds to natural sounds like birds and streams running.
- Spatial Sense - It is one thing to hear sounds, it’s another to determine the distance from the sound. Say you hear a car door slam. With natural hearing, you can tell if it can from the street or closer, like in your garage, but that ability deteriorates with your hearing loss. With the Spatial Sense feature built into the LiNX 3D, you can more easily determine sound distance again.
- Noise Tracker II - With this feature, your hearing aids are able to determine and prioritize sounds. That way, when a door slams, you won’t hear it as loudly as you would hear someone talking to you.
- Rechargeable hearing aids - You don’t have to fiddle with hearing aid batteries if you don’t want to when you choose the LiNX 3D. This rechargeable feature does not come with all styles of the LiNX 3D, so be sure to ask our audiologist if you are interested in the ability to recharge your hearing aids.
- ReSound Smart 3D app - Control your LiNX 3D hearing aids from the ReSound Smart 3D app. You can adjust and fine-tune the volume of your hearing aids through the app, connect wirelessly with your hearing aids, stream phone calls, and allow our audiologist to provide remote hearing aid adjustments.
Available LiNX 3D Hearing Aid Styles
There are many styles that the LiNX 3D hearing aids come in. At this time, these are the available styles:
- Receiver-In-Ear (RIE) 61
- RIE 62
- Behind-The-Ear (BTE) 67
- BTE 77
- BTE 88
- Invisible-In-Canal (IIC)
- Completely-In-Canal (CIC)
- In-The-Canal (ITC)
- In-The-Ear (ITE)
- Mic-In-Helix S (MIH)
You can also test-drive ReSound hearing aids with the help of our audiologist. It will have to be a BTE or RIE/RIC hearing aid, as the other hearing aids need to be custom-made. But by being able to test out the LiNX 3D hearing aids, you can see if they will suit your needs.
Discuss Your Hearing Aid Options With The Hearing Clinic
Here at The Hearing Clinic, you can find a range of ReSound hearing aids, including the LiNX 3D. You can also discuss other hearing aid options with our audiologist. As our hearing clinic is an independent hearing clinic, we can easily provide you with hearing aids from any hearing aid brand, rather than being restricted to one or two brands. So, whether you want the ReSound LiNX 3D or other hearing aids, we can help.
To test out a set of LiNX 3D hearing aids or other hearing aid options, please contact us to set up your appointment. We look forward to helping you find the perfect hearing aids for your needs.